These are the perfect healthy snack post training or if you are looking for something to curb those sugar cravings then one of these energy balls with a cup of tea or whatever you fancy is a great option! Anyone who is following me over on my snapchat – obsessionsoffi, will have have seen many a demo and many a pic of me practically inhaling them. They taste too good and they are so easy to make. I literally make these twice a week, every week as we all love them. I also make a kiddie version for Sophia, which are amazing for getting tonnes of healthy nuts and seeds into her but taste great! So without further ado, as I know a lot have you been asking for this recipe. Enjoy lovelies!
What you need:
- 15/16 pitted dates.
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- 1 cup of gluten free oats
- 2 scoops of mint chocolate protein powder
- 2 tsp of coconut oil
- nutri bullet/ food processor
- Large mixing bowl, spoon and container.
Optional: desiccated coconut.
- Heat coconut oil in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Blend coconut oil with dates in nutri bullet or food processor.
- Pop cononut oil and dates into large mixing bowl.
- Mill the oats and chia seeds in the nutribullet.
- Add these to the dates and oil in the bowl, add protein powder.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Once the mixture is a hard dough, roll into little balls.
- Add designated coconut to container and roll the energy balls in it. Usually makes 10.
- Pop in the fridge for an hour or overnight and Enjoy!
As always if you make them, I would love your feedback! Or even snap me a pic.. I’d love to see you making them!